In partnership with Title Partner Brecon Carreg, Run 4 Wales are committed to improving our sustainability and minimising the impact our events have on the environment – but we need your help. Please take your time to have a look at your responsibilities as a runner on race day!
- CONSIDER SUSTAINABLE TRAVEL – Why not walk, cycle, take public transport or consider lift sharing to the event?
- TAKE YOUR LITTER HOME – Please help us to leave the beautiful Cardiff Bay in the same state we found it!
- TAKE CARE AT DRINK STATIONS – Recycling bins are located some distance after the on-course water station. If you can, please aim your discarded bottle for the bins.
- RECYCLE YOUR WATER BOTTLES AT THE FINISH LINE – Recycling bins will be located close to the finish line. Look out for our Environmental Champions who will be on hand to help direct you to your nearest.
- AVOID CONTAMINATION – Plastic bottles are 100% recyclable, but only if they are not contaminated with any other waste, such as banana skins or food waste. Take care when recycling them.
- LEAVE THE BIN BAGS AT HOME! – Many choose to don a bin-bag at the start line pre-race if the weather is cool. Consider wearing an unwanted item of old clothing instead, as we recycle any discarded clothing left on the start line.