The Brecon Carreg Cardiff Bay Run will return on 29 March 2020.
The race will once again incorporate the Welsh 10 Kilometre Championships and form part of the Healthspan Wales 10K Series, which also includes the ABP Newport Wales 10K, Healthspan Porthcawl 10K and Barry Island 10K. Find details on discounted Multi Event Passes below.
The race has sold out each year since 2017, and the 2020 edition is expected to be just as popular. Entries are now open in the 2K Family Fun Run and in the 10K via our Lead Charity Partner Velindre to run as a Derek’s Dazzler. General entries in the 10K will open in November – and you can pre-register below to be first to hear when they become available.
- General Entry – £26
- Affiliated Club Runner – £24
- Velindre Fundraiser Entry – Free (when you pledge to raise £100)
- Discounted Multi-Event Passes – Detailed Below
- 2K Family Fun Run Individual – £5
- 2K Family Group Ticket (4) – £15
*A non-refundable admin fee will be charged on top of race entry by ACTIVE, who manage our online registration system. Savings shown are off the cost of full-priced General Entry.
Planning on entering two or more of the races in the Healthspan Wales 10K Series?
Discounted Multi-Event passes for 2019 have now sold out, but the offer will be available again in 2020 when entries open (in November).
|Healthspan Season Ticket (all 4 races in the series)||£80 (£21 saving)|
|Three Event Pass (any 3 races in the series)||£63 (up to £13 saving)|
|Two Event Pass (any 2 races in the series)||£44 (up to £7 saving)|
|Full Price (entering 4 races outside of the Multi-Event offer)||£101|
*A non-refundable admin fee will be charged on top of race entry by ACTIVE, who manage our online registration system. Savings shown are off the cost of full-priced General Entry. Please note, multi event passes are non-transferrable and only be purchased by individuals.
RUN FOR CHARITY
Velindre is Wales’ premier Cancer Centre, providing care, support and treatment to cancer patients and their families. We are the major provider of radiotherapy and other specialised anti-cancer treatments in Wales.
Velindre staff work to deliver the best possible cancer services through exceptional care.
Donations to Velindre are used to fund areas over and above those provided by the NHS – your fundraising will help support research, clinical trials, specialist nurses, complementary therapies and support for patients and their families at the most difficult of times.
Please support the Hospital of Hope!
Be part of the Velindre Pride and receive:
- FREE race entry in return for raising a minimum sponsorship of £100 ( to be with Velindre by 1 March 2020):
- Velindre running vest \ t-shirt
- Training guide and fundraising tips
- Support from Velindre Fundraising Team
- Race Day Cheer Squad
- Invitation to join post-race celebration
- Commemorative finish t-shirt
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION FEE
- Event pack including information booklet, running number and timing chip
- Training advice and support
- High-quality medal to commemorate your achievement
- Commemorative technical finishers t-shirt
- Access to the event facilities, including toilets
- Water station available along the route
- A text post event with your race time (if you have supplied us with your mobile number)
- Use of a live tracking app
- Predicted finish time pacers in every start wave
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
1. Participants must be 15 years of age or older on the day of the event.
2. When registering all participants must sign our terms and conditions.
3. Participants must complete the 10 kilometer course in less than 2 hours – our event cut-off time.
4. Names and/or video footage or photographs taken during their participation may be used to publicise the Cardiff Bay Run or other Run 4 Wales events.
5. Participant race numbers may not be passed on or sold to any other person. We offer a transfer service to all runners until the advertised transfer deadline.
6. Registrations will close on the date publicised on the event website homepage.
7. Participants must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
8. Participants must be fit to run and free from injury
9. Under no exceptions can a participant collect their race pack after the designated time slots.
CHANGE YOUR DETAILS AND TRANSFER YOUR ENTRY
If you would like to make changes to your team, or your registration (address, predicted time etc), please click the below icon to log into the ACTIVE MyEvents Portal.
If you are no longer able to run the Cardiff Bay Run you have until early March 2020 to transfer your entry. You can transfer your entry via a link on your confirmation email. The precise transfer deadline will be published hear in late 2019.
Fancy taking on the Brecon Carreg Cardiff Bay Run as part of a Corporate Team? Click here to learn more about our Corporate Challenge.