The Brecon Carreg Cardiff Bay Run will return on a date TBD. The 2020 edition was postponed due to the spread of COVID-19.
The race will once again incorporate the Welsh 10 Kilometre Championships and form part of the Healthspan Wales 10K Series, which also includes the ABP Newport Wales 10K, Healthspan Porthcawl 10K and ABP Barry Island 10K. Find details on discounted Multi Event Passes below.
The race has sold out each year since 2017. A limited number of entries will be available for the next edition. You can pre-register now and receive priority notification when all races in the Healthspan Wales 10K Series go on sale in early 2021, including the Cardiff Bay Run.
Enter in 2021 with confidence. Learn more about our COVID promise here.
*A non-refundable admin fee will be charged on top of race entry by ACTIVE, who manage our online registration system. You will need to provide a UK Athletics registration number to verify affiliate discounts.
Planning on entering two or more of the races in the Healthspan Wales 10K Series in 2021?
A limited number of discounted multi-event passes will be available for the series in 2021 – and will be going on sale later this year. You can pre-register above.
RUN FOR CHARITY
Charity is at the heart of the Brecon Carreg Cardiff Bay Run – where many will be raising money for fantastic good causes. Knowing your run has helped others gives a huge boost to the satisfaction you’ll feel on finishing the race – and keep you motivated during your training.
We encourage you to fundraise for our Lead Charity Velindre, or one of our Associate Charity Partners – but it’s up to you!
Velindre is Wales’ premier Cancer Centre, providing care, support and treatment to cancer patients and their families. We are the major provider of radiotherapy and other specialised anti-cancer treatments in Wales.
Velindre staff work to deliver the best possible cancer services through exceptional care.
Donations to Velindre are used to fund areas over and above those provided by the NHS – your fundraising will help support research, clinical trials, specialist nurses, complementary therapies and support for patients and their families at the most difficult of times.
Please support the Hospital of Hope!
Be part of the Velindre Pride and receive:
- FREE race entry in return for raising a minimum sponsorship of £100
- Velindre running vest \ t-shirt
- Training guide and fundraising tips
- Support from Velindre Fundraising Team
- Race Day Cheer Squad
- Invitation to join post-race celebration
- Commemorative finish t-shirt
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION FEE
- Event pack including information booklet, running number and timing chip
- Training advice and support
- High-quality medal to commemorate your achievement
- Commemorative technical finishers t-shirt
- Access to the event facilities, including toilets
- Water station available along the route
- A text post event with your race time (if you have supplied us with your mobile number)
- Use of a live tracking app
- Predicted finish time pacers in every start wave
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
1. Participants must be 15 years of age or older on the day of the event.
2. When registering all participants must sign our terms and conditions.
3. Participants must complete the 10 kilometer course in less than 2 hours – our event cut-off time.
4. Names and/or video footage or photographs taken during their participation may be used to publicise the Cardiff Bay Run or other Run 4 Wales events.
5. Participant race numbers may not be passed on or sold to any other person. We offer a transfer service to all runners until the advertised transfer deadline.
6. Registrations will close on the date publicised on the event website homepage.
7. Participants must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
8. Participants must be fit to run and free from injury
9. Under no exceptions can a participant collect their race pack after the designated time slots.
CHANGE YOUR DETAILS AND TRANSFER YOUR ENTRY
If you would like to make changes to your team, or your registration (address, predicted time etc), please click the below icon to log into the ACTIVE MyEvents Portal.
If you are no longer able to run the Cardiff Bay Run you have until the advertised transfer deadline to transfer your entry. You can transfer your entry via a link on your confirmation email.
Fancy taking on the Brecon Carreg Cardiff Bay Run as part of a Corporate Team? Click here to learn more about our Corporate Challenge.
General entries will close on Thursday 29th April if they do not sell out beforehand. Those who have obtained a space via a charity, corporate package or sponsor must register ahead of the registration deadline or they will be unable to participate in the event.